Thursday, April 1, 2010

Poor dog

All last night I heard a dog crying. So today after classes went looking. I found a dog chained in a parking lot. Not more than 6-9 months. Took a walk and found some street vendors selling what looked like meat. Bought some and gave it to the dog who was super scared. He or she ate it up in seconds so had to go buy more. I am sad that I cannot do more but hopefully there will be no need for it to cry tonight. What good is teaching yoga of practicing asana when all around us a hell realm for other creatures. Why become more flexible when we refuse to extend an hand to help another being who is suffering. Please when you can be of service do what you can. People looked t me like I was crazy. In South Korea dogs are not treated well unless they are a poodle or yorkie. Never doubt the power of compassion or the power of your actions they are the only things that matter.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Yoga With John said...

Jules-ji

I'm glad to know this dog knew some kindness, and met an aspiring Jivamukti.

as you, I carry the faces of many animals I've met along this way of compassion.

Hope you're well my friend.

-j

http://www.yogawithjohn.com/blog