Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Giving Thanks

On my way back from Japan a few weeks ago i had a very rough trip. I was awake for the better part of the 60 hours it took to get home after having missed two trains and two flights. I found myself getting more and more frustrated, tired and sick of travelling. The plane i was on could not land at Newark and so we circled for so long we ran out of fuel. The pilot announced we would have to stop in Toronto to re-fuel. As we were on the tarmac I felt the frustration slowly subside. What did I really have to be upset about. I spend the majority of my time flying around the world meeting the most incredible people. Being part of the Jivamukti Global Satsang, helping communities to grow and growing myself. Although it took me a long time to get home it was much faster than it would have been just 50 years ago or 100 years ago. At least I did not have to take a boat...I was upset as I flew hundreds of miles per hour through the sky as I sat on my butt. We all have so much to be thankful for but we forget as so many extraordinary things have become common place. It is a strong and powerful not to mention humbling practice to give thanks every day...what are you thankful for today?


Peace, Love and Vegetables

No comments: