Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back to NY




I am heading back to NYC and very excited. I am happy for a number of reasons, first of course is that I will be back home, with my family and friends. Another reason is that I have created a whole new home with its own set of family and friends in Japan and Korea. This trip has taught me a lot about myself, my reasons for teaching and the power of Yoga as a force for positive change in the world. I am incredibly grateful for Sharonji and Davidji who have laid down a foundation that allows for us to travel and teach. By us I mean all teachers not just Jivamukti Yoga teachers. They have been doing this for so long and in such a way that they have not only created a desire for Jivamukti Yoga but sparked a desire to use Yoga as a tool for enlightenment for all beings. Do I hope that the world becomes enlightened yes...Do I think that it will happen..no. The practices of yoga ways in which we can heighten our awareness and thus make better choices. Some people lecture, others sing or play an instrument...I teach yoga. I cannot teach without the past and current efforts of not only my teachers but of all those who come to class. I want to thank everyone that has come to class over the past month. I appreciate your presence more then I can say. You have all taught me so much and it is because of you that I continue to have the inspiration needed to teach. Please use this blog to share with others your experience, your ideas, hopes and aspirations. We must continue to communicate with others. As we communicate we learn and evolve. As we evolve we see and feel the interconnectedness of all beings and thus the happiness and suffering of all beings. We yogies must work towards a better world and that begins with ourselves. Making choices that reflect your beliefs so that we can all become an example just with our being.

For more about yoga in Korea please check out www.jaicenter.co.kr and www.all4all.co.kr
For Yoga in Japan please check out www.lotus8.co.jp and www.flowarts.jp


Peace and Light
Jules

No comments: