Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to Japan City by City


Nagoya

My first stop in Japan on this trip was Nagoya. Nagoya is a great city and I taught at a placed called My Soul 8 www.mysoul8.com. Kumiko was with me and did all of the translating. She is amazing. The first class was on What is Jivamukti Yoga. We talked about the 5 tenets and had fun with the asana practice. It was great to see so many people again and to meet new people as well. After class Kumiko and I led Satsang. The satsang was by donation and the money we raised was donated to NaYoga, an NPO that promotes and helps different yoga teachers from Japan and elsewhere at different venues. The satsang was focused creating community and the strength a strong yoga school can encourage in the students to feel confident in their ability to create change first in themselves and then the world. We watched the Chew On This DVD which you can see at www.peta.org. After satsang we went to dinner together...not everyone but a few of us. A very small place that I love to eat at in Nagoya. Its owned by a guy and his wife and they have the veggies delivered fresh daily and all the food is locally grown. Kumiko and I stayed the night in Nagoya before we headed out to Yokohama for the Yoga Festa.

No comments: